Pictures of Rochester and Monroe County, NY
Old pictures and postcards of landmarks and points of interest in Monroe County, NY
West Henrietta, Henrietta - Historic Marker
THE WEST HENRIETTA VILLAGE
On this crossroads of West Henrietta and Erie Station Roads
arose an early settlement known as the West Henrietta Village.
It was critical to the development of the Town of Henrietta, NY.
Chapman Hotel built 1821; second hotel built 1831 known as
the Cartwight Inn. Early store built 1831 replaced by Edison Block
building after fire. West Henrietta Baptist Church built 1838. 1862
district school No. 8, now W. Henrietta Firehouse & U.S. Post Office.
Henrietta Grange built 1904, & St. Mark Lutheran Church established 1902.
North of crossroads - 1832 Post Cobblestone house and three-
story 1830 cobblestone building housing blacksmith & carriage
Located at: Southeast corner of West Henrietta and Erie Station Roads
Placed by: Town of Henrietta, 2005
Photo dated: Aug. 27, 2015
Photo by: Dick Halsey
Go to Monroe County GenWeb page.